Summer Camp at The Conductive Learning Center (CLC) is an opportunity for kids of all ages to come for an intensive four or five week session of conductive education. Groups of children, similar in age and physical challenges, learn mobility skills, independence, and functional daily living skills, within a supportive group atmosphere of fun and adventure. Each age group examines a specially selected topic and curriculum while working toward the next level of independence. Each group gives a final day performance or demonstration of a group activity that is based on the theme that group has been examining during the program. Families are encouraged to attend this performance.
The Four or Five week (depending on group) camp meets for five to six hours per day depending upon the group and the age of the child.
- Program Fee: TBD
- July 7, 2014: First day of summer camp
- August 1, 2014: Student Performance at Kretschmenr Hall at Aquinas College. The summer program concludes for the Lower Primary and Elementary students after the performance.
Final Day Presentation:
- Kretschmer Recital Hall on the Aquinas College Campus, August 1, 2014 at 10 am
- Families and friends are invited to attend.
- Applications are due no later than Feb. 1, 2014. Normally there is more demand than can be accommodated. CLC does maintain a waiting list.
- A $25 non-refundable application fee must accompany the application form (all new applicants). The $25 application fee is a one-time fee. Do not send the application fee if you have applied previously or have a current student at CLC.
- First time applicants to the Conductive Learning Center must submit videotape of the student candidate (see video guidelines); a one time non-refundable $100 assessment fee must be sent with the video. This fee is independent of any future tuition charges should the student be admitted to the program.
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance.
- Twenty five percent of the tuition fee is due by March 29, 2014 to hold a place for the student.
- The balance of the tuition payment must be received at the school offices no later than April 12, 2014. If not received, the student’s slot will be made available to the first appropriate student on the wait list.
- The balance amount is non-refundable.
- No part time placements are available.